Guide to Building Board Support
You can take your Give Local! success to new heights on November 15th by leveraging your board members and their passion for your cause! Organizations with engaged board members raise approximately 2-3 times more than those that don’t involve their board in the planning process. This not only helps you raise more on Give Local!, but paves the way towards a stronger relationship with your organization’s board members. So how can you get your board excited for Give Local!? We’ve got you covered!
Ten Steps to Board Success:
- Have a Give Local! Kickoff at your next board meeting
- Include your board in your Give Local! goals
- Share regular updates throughout the planning process
- Provide your board members with clear opportunities and steps to help your organization reach its Give Local! goals
- Leverage your board members as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to help raise more and expand your reach on Give Local!
- On Give Local! update your board on your progress from beginning to end
- Encourage your board members to support you on Give Local! with matching funds, social sharing, and promotion of your participation with their networks
- Invite your board members to attend an in-person event during Give Local!
- Ask your board members to help you personally thank and steward your Give Local! donors
- Don’t forget “Thank You” to your board members for their help and hard work on Give Local! and celebrate a job well done